Got a sweet tooth? Try this healthy alternative to satisfy your craving.
- 1 cup of ground up almonds
- 1 bag of sunsweet chopped dates (or whole pitted dates)
- 2 scoops of chocolate protein powder (or vanilla)
- 1/4 cup Hershey’s baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (omit if you want plain chocolate)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract (or use coconut / pumpkin spice / whatever extract you would like your truffles to taste like)
Combine the almonds and dates in a food processor first. After almonds and dates are ground up, add chocolate protein powder and baking cocoa. Slowly add unsweetened almond milk until it becomes a dough like consistency. Next, add vanilla extract. Dough should come out thick. Scoop all batter into bowl and stick into the fridge for 1 hour. Using a cookie scooper or table spoon, form the dough into a small ball. Roll in shredded coconut or ground almonds and serve.